Thirteen months ago the Wisconsin Foosball State Championships committee was faced with an incredibly tough decision to make. Do we proceed with holding our annual state championships tournament, which had become arguably one of the more popular tournaments on the pro foosball tour? Or do we cancel it due to the COVID-19 pandemic that was sweeping the nation?
We decided to move forward with the event and take every precaution we could to ensure a safe place to play for making the annual trek to Appleton, Wisconsin. Understandbly there were many players who chose to stay home – but those that attended were rewarded with being a part of our most successful tournament to date, despite the pandemic.
That is, until the 2021 State Championships arrived.
Ladies and gentlemen, the 2021 Wisconsin Foosball State Championships was by far the most succcessful Wisconsin foosball tournament that the WIFOOS committee has had the honor of running. Over 192 players, from all over the nation, traveled to Appleton, Wisconsin to take place in this year’s annual event. We had seven pro masters alone make the trip.
You can all rest assured that we are already hard at work making sure the 2022 Wisconsin Foosball State Championships are even bigger and better. We’re talking more money, more events, and even more exposure.
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL OF OUR 2021 STATE CHAMPIONS!
- Zach Hofer (Amateur Singles, Amateur Doubles)
- Jordan Hartshorn (Amateur Doubles)
- Brandon Anderson (Beginner Doubles)
- Roger Lowney (Beginner Doubles)
- Jacob Balcos (Beginner Singles)
- Andrew Cruz (Expert Doubles)
- Ellen Moon (Expert Doubles, Expert Singles, Open Mixed Doubles)
- Kevin Romero (Pro Doubles, Open Doubles)
- Tony Owens (Pro Doubles)
- Carlos Cespedes Martinez (Open Doubles)
- Brad Ripp (Rookie Doubles)
- Erich Pechmann (Rookie Doubles)
- Stayce Fowler (Women’s Open Doubles)
- Shelly Langley(Women’s Open Doubles)
- Tony Spredeman (Open Singles, Open Mixed Doubles)
Thank you to everyone who attended this year’s event, we can’t wait for you all to see what we have in store for next year.